Today I ate the best grilled cheese sandwich ever! It was made from very thick Texas Toast, and a blend of Montery Jack and Cheddar cheese. Lightly buttered bread toasted on the grill with cheese melting out the sides makes for the best sammich you’ll eat this year.
Category Archives: Grilled Cheese
This is the first post. Today I ate a grilled cheese sandwich with a glass of Cherry Kool-aid (Oh-Yeah!). It was a good grilled cheese sandwich.
I have discovered the perfect formula for grilled cheese.
- Get yourself a loaf of Sourdough bread
- Butter the bread on one side
- Heat up the skillet until a drop of butter begins to melt in the pan.
- Put one slice down and drop several slices of Colby-Jack Cheese on the bread.
- Place the second slice on top – butter side out
- When the first slice browns, flip it over and brown the other side.
- Here is the secret – use your spatula to squash everything together in a gooey glob of dough and cheese.
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy!